(RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc - #LoveWhereYouLive Contest)
The RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc. #LoveWhereYouLive Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the province of Ontario, Canada who are over the age of majority including employees of RE/MAX Real Estate Centre (herein referred as "CLIENT" or “Contest Sponsor”), its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, but does not include contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled and those employed by SPLASH media engagement and with whom they are domiciled.
1. Contest Period starts at midnight on October 15, 2014 and continues until 5:00PM on December 15, 2014 the “Contest Closing Date”. No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Times.
2. To enter the Contest
Go to “http://remax.sharing-online.net/” to complete an entry form as instructed on or before the Contest Closing Date.
Limit of one (1) entry per person. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor.
How to Earn Additional Prize Entries: Immediately after entering the Promotion in accordance with Rule 2, entrants will have the option to share the Website with individuals of his/her choice using various social media sites. To share, you need to follow the on-screen instructions on the Website and enter the information required. You will receive one (1) additional Prize Entry for each unique individual you share with during the Promotion Period who visits the Website and registers for the Promotion for the first time in accordance with these Official Rules.
3. PRIZE *additional prizing may be added* - Participants are eligible to win one Grand Prize - A luxury 4 Diamond boutique hotel nestled in the heart of historic Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Wine country.
Grand Prize Includes:
Oban Inn, Spa & Restaurant Package:
One night accommodation in one of our Premium Guestrooms
Continental Breakfast for 2
Three course a la carte dinner for two in our Four Diamond Restaurant
One 55 minute treatment of your choice at Ospa
Two plush terry Oban Inn Bathrobes to take home with you
Wine Tasting vouchers for 2 at Two area wineries
Includes all taxes and gratuities.
Valid for stays Sunday through Friday - November 1st to April 30th, 2015.
Not available December 24, 25, 26, 31, 2014 and February 8 and 13, 2015
Subject to availability
One 2nd Place Prize ($370 value):
Two nights accommodation in the Kissing Bridge Suite at the Olde Bridge Place, a B&B in West Montrose with a twist...
One 3rd Place Prize ($270 value:
A $270 Spa Refresher Package from Sanctuary Day Spas in Waterloo
4. DRAW - A random draw by a representative of the Contest Sponsor or the independent judging agency from all eligible entries received will be made at approximately 9:00AM EST on December 16th, 2014 at RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc. Selected entrant will be contacted by email at the email address indicated on his/her entry.
5. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
7. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administered by email or by phone; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
8. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date.
10. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
12. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize
13. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
14. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
RE/MAX Real Estate Inc.
Personal Information Protection Policy
At RE/MAX Real Estate Inc., we are committed to providing our clients, customers, members with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our clients, customers, members, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our clients, customers, members privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA, which came into effect on January 1, 2004, sets out the ground rules for how Canada businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
We will inform our clients, customers, members of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPEDA, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting clients’, customers’, members’ personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our clients’, customers’, members’ personal information and allowing our clients, customers, members to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
Scope of this Policy
This Personal Information Protection Policy applies to RE/MAX Real Estate Inc Inc. and its subsidiaries, SPLASH Media Engagement.
This policy also applies to any service providers collecting, using or disclosing personal information on behalf of RE/MAX Real Estate Inc.
Personal Information –means information about an identifiable individual E.g. Your name, age, income, address, phone number, email address, and social network information. Personal information does not include contact information (described below).
Contact information – means information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business and includes name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number. Contact information is not covered by this policy or PIPEDA.
Privacy Officer – means the individual designated responsibility for ensuring that RE/MAX Real Estate Inc Inc. complies with this policy and PIPA.
Policy 1 – Collecting Personal Information
1.1 Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the client, customer, member voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
1.2 We will only collect client, customer, member information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
• To verify identity;
• To identify [client, customer, member] preferences;
• To understand the needs of our [clients, customers, members];
• To deliver requested products and services
• To guarantee a travel or hotel reservation;
• To enroll the client in a program or workshop;
• To send out association membership information;
• To share news on behalf of sponsors, and opportunities in alignment with our business
• To contact our [clients, customers, members]
• To ensure a high standard of service to our [clients, customers, members];
• To meet regulatory requirements;
Policy 2 – Consent
2.1 We will obtain client, customer, member consent to collect, use or disclose personal information (except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent).
2.2 Consent can be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious e.g. purchasing a RE/MAX Real Estate Inc conference pass/sign up for workshop and the client, customer, member voluntarily provides personal information for that purpose.
2.3 Consent may also be implied where a client, customer, member is given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of his or her personal information being used for mail-outs, the marketing of new services or products, fundraising and the client, customer, member does not opt-out.
2.4 Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is necessary to provide the service or product, or the withdrawal of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), clients, customers, members can withhold or withdraw their consent for RE/MAX Real Estate Inc to use their personal information in certain ways. A client’s, customer’s, member’s decision to withhold or withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the client, customer, member in making the decision.
2.5 We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the client’s, customer’s, member’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
• When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
• In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
• When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
• When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
• For the purposes of collecting a debt;
• To protect ourselves from fraud;
• To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
Policy 3 – Using and Disclosing Personal Information
3.1 We will only use or disclose client, customer, member personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection [or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes such as:
• To conduct client, customer, member surveys in order to enhance the provision of our services;
• To contact our [clients, customers, members] directly about products and services that may be of interest;]
3.2 We will not use or disclose client, customer, member personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
3.3 We will not sell client, customer, member lists or personal information to other parties [unless we have consent to do so].
Policy 4 – Retaining Personal Information
4.1 If we use client, customer, member personal information to make a decision that directly affects the client, customer, member, we will retain that personal information for at least one year so that the client, customer, member has a reasonable opportunity to request access to it.
4.2 Subject to policy 4.1, we will retain client, customer, member personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
Policy 5 – Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information
5.1 We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that client, customer, member personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the client, customer, member or disclosed to another organization.
5.2 Clients, Customers, Members may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
5.3 If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note the clients’, customers’, members’ correction request in the file.
Policy 6 – Securing Personal Information
6.1 We are committed to ensuring the security of client, customer, member personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
6.2 The following security measures will be followed to ensure that client, customer, member personal information is appropriately protected: ie: the use of user IDs, passwords, encryption, firewalls; restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate (i.e., only those that need to know will have access; contractually requiring any service providers to provide comparable security measures].
6.3 We will use appropriate security measures when destroying client’s, customer’s, member’s personal information such as shredding documents, deleting electronically stored information].
6.4 We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
Policy 7 – Providing Clients, Customers, Members Access to Personal Information
7.1 Clients, Customers, Members have a right to access their personal information, subject to limited exceptions.
[OPTIONAL ADDITION: Fill in exceptions to access that might apply. A full listing of the exceptions to access can be found in section 23 of PIPEDA. Some examples include: solicitor-client privilege, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, health and safety concerns]
7.2 A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought
7.3 Upon request, we will also tell clients, customers, members how we use their personal information and to whom it has been disclosed if applicable.
7.4 We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
7.5 A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform the client, customer, member of the cost and request further direction from the client, customer, member on whether or not we should proceed with the request.
7.6 If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify the client, customer, member in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to the client, customer, member.
Policy 8 – Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Privacy Officer or designated individual
8.1 The Privacy Officer or designated individual is responsible for ensuring RE/MAX Real Estate Inc compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.
8.2 Clients, Customers, Members should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding RE/MAX Real Estate Inc’s compliance in writing to the Privacy Officer. If the Privacy Officer is unable to resolve the concern, the client, customer, member may also write to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Contact information for RE/MAX Real Estate Inc Privacy Officer